Sunday, 20 October 2013

Trying to write/ de-procrastination

Trying to Write/ De-Procrastination

 God this is one of the worst forms of procrastination. Someone help me! (I want to shout, but of course, I don't because it would disturb my neighbors, who I haven't really met). 

 So what should I write about? I have ideas, the unexpected one where an older woman is inappropriate with an inexperienced teen, the one(s) about my mother. Or even the prize winning epic, although I absolutely no ideas for it. Basically, I have writer's block, which is highly inefficient when I should be sat at my desk writing for four hours each and every day.

 I have tried everything, I have done some exercise, drank tea, eaten. But, alas, it's all completely useless. Maybe I should eat some more... or just bash out a poem, but it all seems too easy!

 I did manage to look up some info about Plath for a presentation tomorrow. I don't want to be a cliche just because I'll talk about her. 

 I was told that The Bell Jar actually causes suicide attempts among young women. I dare say this isn't surprising, it's possibly one of the most fantastic depressing things I have ever read! The last time was at Boardmasters and I had to convince myself to snap out of it before I went completely insane. Why? I guess it's when she talks about the worries she has over men controlling her future. It is the twenty-first century, but let's face it, the men are in control. I don't think we let them, it's just how it happens. I hate that innate instinct which makes us want to spawn. I shall ignore it! 

 So this is my Sunday, full of pointless nothingness. And absolutely no writing whatsoever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment